Friday, January 2, 2009

Seven Pounds


This movie was nothing like what I thought it would be (all preconceptions were based on Will Smith's appearance on Leno), but it was amazing.

The exposition is really hard to follow at first: You aren't sure what is a flashback or what's present time or what. It seems really confusing, however, if you're patient, it all begins to make sense and I think it was really effective.

I am fairly sure every person in the theater was bawling by the end, especially this one girl I saw in the bathroom afterward just sobbing. I cried. My mom cried. I heard sniffles throughout.

It really makes you think...and it's not light-hearted at all, even though that's what Will made you think when he came on Leno and showed the only scene that was even a little comedic in the whole movie. :)

Anyway, I really liked it. A fantastic story about guilt, love and redemption.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Just watched this last night. Before it was half way through we figured out the "secret" but we spent the rest of the movie unraveling the details, so it was still really good. And...I cried a lot. What else is new :)

Andrea said...

I bawled like crazy in this one. Didn't think he was really going to go through with it though.

 

Featured